google8cbeaf3e7dbc592c.html

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Go Fashion Go Green Ideas

Good morning! (or afternoon, depends on what you're feeling right now)

Anyways! I was just on Facebook, and I'd firstly like to tell you that my inspiration for this post is my friend Hanna. Hanna is 18, she's a world leader in the making and she's also the founder of Ban Shark Fin Brunei (click here to find out more!). She posted this link on my wall about the Top 10 thrift stores located in Istanbul. A thrift store is basically a shop that sells second hand clothing or house hold goods and the money raised is usually donated to charity.

Here's the link she posted on my Facebook wall http://www.greenprophet.com/2012/07/a-new-trend-emerges-in-a-very-old-city-istanbuls-top-10-secondhand-shops/ and I swear girls and boys who are into vintage clothing or just gorgeous and slick outfits check it out! It will not disappoint! (Probably the only disappointing bit is that it's so far away from Brunei, but no worries guys, who knows one day you might get a chance! So definitely, check it out and pin it as one of the must go to's on your trip around the world map!)

Consumerism is a big thing in our society. It's become not just a trend but a way of life up to a certain degree. Kaka Fatin reminded me of Annie Leonard's advice, that we all need to cut down.

In the words of Kaka Fatin, "Focus on what you really NEED."

Personally I love clothes and I have more than I could possibly need to survive. It's definitely not easy to adapt to a big change in your lifestyle but what you can do is to take small steps. You know what they say! (something like a journey starts with one step but I'm not too sure what the real quote says).


So here's an idea for you clothes junkies on how to get NEW clothes from your OLD clothes! I call it The Transformation Technique! The best part about this is that you're applying one of the 3 Rs which is RE-USE!

Below are tutorials on how to transform your old tees into edgy tanks by The Sorry Girls:









Enjoy!


and big thanks to my bestie Amal R.M. for introducing me to these awesome tutorials!

To my hijabelles, inners are wonderful inventions that let's you rock out a tank anytime of the day! Do check these Fun Fashion DIYs!

x

1 comment: