google8cbeaf3e7dbc592c.html

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Llandudno - Summer 2013

Hi everyone!

On the 25th of June 2013, Z and I made our way to visit a beautiful coastal town called Llandudno. It took us about 3 hours to arrive including some pit stops.



The journey from Coventry to Wales was great fun. The sceneries change as you go along the highway to smaller roads near meadows and hills. Weather and temperature changed a bit here and there as well. There were times when the sun was hidden in grey clouds and at certain places, the sun was high at it's peak. I had to lift up and down my visor quite a few times. Riding gives you a feeling of being one with your surroundings. Even though I wasn't the one steering the way, I still felt every bump on the road and the wind and not to mention hearing the sounds. The only downside is that the air turns funky when we pass grazing livestock. They're a beauty to look at though (haha).

Before reaching Llandudno, about maybe 12 miles away Z spotted an abandoned castle up the hills. He pointed to the direction of the castle, and I'm glad I was paying attention. The site was amazing. I usually drift off singing or pretending I'm a DJ on the radio. It gets pretty lonely back there. Z lent me his mp3 player for the remaining hour of the journey and it was fantastic. That would be the best tip to give someone new (like me) on the road, mp3 players are the bomb. The sound of the tyres on the road and (depending on the music - he had loads of slow rock and I'll confirm his genre later when he wakes from his nap) the sound from the music mixes so well.

Upon our arrival at Llandudno, we could see the sea and pastel coloured houses close to the shores.

Llandudno sea front


From where we stayed, we were about less than 5 minutes walk from the Llandudno Pier and the Llandudno sea front. The area is quite clean and the roads are pretty wide as well, compared to the ones in Cov town. Since Llandudno was near the coast the weather was very lovely. Not too hot and not too cold, Goldilocks would say, "juuuuust right!". The winds though, could get chilly. Even with the chilly winds, it was still comfortable to wear just a soft blazer, jeans and a tank top. Z's very "kabal" he only wore a tee and his shorts.

We had a lovely dinner at an Indian restaurant called 'Asia' (click here) which we discovered while taking photos. Best choice ever! We had dinner there two nights in a row! That isn't the best part yet, it was halal (*happy dance*). Service was really good and serving time was also pretty alright. Unlike those restaurants which starves you to death before your food arrives. Pricing? Pretty alright as well, I think we both spent about 20 pounds together. If you think about the taste of the food, the service and also the atmosphere, it was so worth it.

Asia restaurant


There were also shops nearby which comes very handy ( I forgot to bring my toothbrush and moisturiser - I swear my skin will not survive without moisturiser).

2nd day in Llandudno, we had a morning walk to the Llandudno Pier. We had to pass by a bit of the Llandudno sea front before reaching the pier. The atmosphere was lively. The weather was great and the sun was shining. There were many old people and children and families around. There was a Punch and Judy show and not far away a tourist boat to take people on board to explore the coast.


On the way to the Pier

The Pier was lovely. We could see the Great Orme from there and there were many stalls selling a variety of things and sweets! Z got his hands on a cone of Vanilla Cornish ice cream and I had a taste of it too, it was delicious. We walked to the end of the pier where we found a place for fishing for leisure and also an arcade. We met a couple from California who helped us took photos of us at the Pier. They were very nice and they knew where Brunei is! (Plus point). They also stayed in Malaysia for I think about 20 years. The husband had a cool cowboy looking hat and a pony tail and his wife was such a lovely woman. So far, they also found Llandudno a beautiful place.

" She sells sea shells..."


We took a lunch break and headed off to ride up the Great Orme. The Great Orme is a limestone headland on the north coast of Wales. Apparently, the name was derived from the Viking word for sea serpent, which it is said to resemble (Yep I wiki-ed this). We rode up the sea serpent (jk the Great Orme) with a 1 pound fee cos we used a motorcycle. The view was spectacular from up there. We weren't even half way up and the site was already amazing. We rode up passed a cemetery and some houses and also a mine. Along the way we could see cable cars making their way down. There was also a small train. I waved because I wanted to pretend like I was a princess (and luckily they waved back or else I would have felt very rejected).



When we were at the top, we parked and took our helmets off - that was where the major beauty lies. I can't explain it to you but I will show you instead.


The view from the top
Z at the top of the Great Orme

Spot the sheep!



Me & my crazy wind blown hair - At the top of the Great Orme / forgot to tell you, wearing contact lenses was not a good idea when you're on top. Mine got very dry and I had to blink so much to moisturise my lenses.
view of the Great Orme from the Pier
Z's baby

It was amazing to have experienced such beauty. Alhamdulillah we made our trip there safely and everything went smoothly. It was the most relaxing experience and also the most beautiful. I hope you get to see it one day and Insya Allah you will have an amazing experience (or even more!) like we did!



If you haven't seen it, there's a short video of our trip right below this post!

Thank you for reading!

With love,
Ainul x


No comments:

Post a Comment