google8cbeaf3e7dbc592c.html

Friday, June 14, 2013

Love & Happiness

Instagram: @AinulApri

Hi guys! The theme I'd like to point out today is love and happiness! I've came across many different people over the years and even way back, who have had a strong effect on me. I myself have been through different stages of my life, adopted different characters and various versions of who I am. Some are good but most unfortunately were pretty awful.

I think my problem was that I care too much into what others thought of me. By involving myself with more social networking, I introduced more ways for me to be influenced by other people. I remember starting off with the old Friendster, moving to Facebook and Twitter. These are probably the major sites where I've gotten myself into disputes with others (include Formspring with that). 

There are people who brought me down. Hurt me for reasons they believed to be just. I'm sure you've experienced that before too right? I don't think there is a way to avoid people like that. The worst part is that I acted on them and by taking part, I created a monster

The best advice I got from a dear friend (S.C) was to "be the bigger person". It's hard enough to deal with the pain you get inside when somebody brings you deliberate unhappiness, and it is even harder to put your chin up and walk away. Although at certain circumstances, that's one of the best things to do because by responding negatively to them, you are indulging them by responding. 

I still don't understand why and how people could do horrible things to others. They could have their own reasons, they could be having a bad day or they themselves are hurting too. We can't change or predict others personalities and with that in check, the starting of University, I decided to not give out my trust freely like before.

I regretted it now because I prevented myself from forming relationships with my own flatmates and some who I could've been close friends with. It was until I met Z that I began to open up more and realised that not all people are bad. (Unfortunately though I still couldn't get away from drama completely, I was treated pretty badly by someone but the difference this time was, I learnt to let it go and let her be).

The task I would like you to take today, is to spread more love and happiness to the world. How you ask? By starting to give love to you. You are a person full of life and wonders not even I know of. Your own happiness can radiate and spread to others around you! Start of with a smile, treat yourself with something you like! You deserve ever inch of happiness. Don't let anybody take that away from you. Find what makes you happy and keep on moving forward. 

If we all start trying today to be the better versions of ourselves, maybe one day, we could influence at least one person to and start a chain reaction. InsyaAllah.

With Love,
Ainul

No comments:

Post a Comment